Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Without Power...

Rain, Snow, Ice, and Lightning. Thats right, lightning in December. Recent storms have indeed hampered our current living enviroment. Downed Trees have caused thousands to be without power, including myself. Unfortunitely for me, I will be without power for quite some time. My lot has always had quite a few large trees...mix in freezing rain...you get a very big disaster. My house now sits in at a balmy 42 degrees with no power, no heat, and enough downed tree limbs to keep me busy for a couple weekends. After calling in my downed power lines, I get a response that they might get to me in 3-4 days. I am thinking oh great. On top of that, my TV/Internet line is also down. That could take 3 months to run all new since it takes our local ISP 3 weeks just to get you setup if your a first time customer. In any case, I have found a warm place, with internet, to get a good nights sleep...i hope. We'll see how it goes as its kind of like a family hotel, but everyone gets to sleep on the floor. In closing I have posted a few pictures from my wonderful house, and all the wonderful damage after day 1. Its not evening time and it has started raining again, which is immediately freezing onto already frozen trees. The wind has picked up, and its now snowing. I can't wait to see how many more limbs are down tomorrow. Maybe I wont have any trees left at all.



More to follow. Like I said...One Without Power.

1 comment:

Mrs. Free said...

QUIT your CRYING! Baby. :0)