Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Sweet Smell of Victory

Football season is indeed upon us, and what more of a good way to follow football than playing Fantasy Football. For millions across the country, it has gone from past time to a full time obsession. For those unaware, fantasy football leagues are made up of imaginary teams, created by sports fans who pick real players and earn points based off of their performance.

So this year I was invited to my future father-in-laws league. Week 2 was upon us and well it was time for us to go head-to-head. And boy was their smack talk going on. Below is just a bit of the smack talk that went on...

  • So This Is My Competition...?
    Brian Free
    Posted: Sep 11, 10:37 PM 3 Replies
    Gridiron Guppies
    In lieu of all this delightful small talk, I wanted to thank our league commissioner for putting all of this together. I’m not one to throw a lot of big words around, but there’s just so much the Guppies want to express. Yeah, it’s boring to list the guys I’m playing against each week. What can I say? I honestly feel sorry for my opponent this week. It’s too bad that after this week he’ll be receiving the first of which many more losses to come. More of which, to be fair, it’s kind of nice to be able to give my bench players an opportunity to get some playing time. All these trophies and what not, where is the trophy for the best smack talk. I’m not implying anything, but honestly, I need something to work for. Even though it’s going to be a long week for the Wino’s, I really wanted to express my thanks for putting in all these long hours of managing our league, just so we could beat him every week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3eKGnCrQ_I I rest my case…

  • Re: So This Is My Competition...?
    Mark Antle
    Posted: Sep 12, 9:47 AM
    Wilshire Fightin'...
    At this time, the office of the commissioner will decide whether or not to levy a fine for high tech surveillance and espionage against the ownership of the Girdled Guppies. Isnt it enough to bring hidden electronic equipment into the league draft headquarters, but then to enlist the daughter of the commissioner to aid in such skullduggery is TOTALLY unacceptable! Further more, the definition of SMACK is now posted on the league message board for all teams to reference. THIS IS NOT SMACK--this is some HIGH TECH computer magic crap with which this office is VERY unfamiliar! A response to this new wave attempt at the art of SMACKING from the Winos will follow later in the week.

  • Re: So This Is My Competition...?
    Aaron Old
    Posted: Sep 13, 11:52 AM
    The Roid Rage roids
    Brian, that is truly spectacular!! Way to go, and thanks for handing the Wino's their first loss this week.

  • Re: So This Is My Competition...?
    Brian Free
    Posted: Sep 14, 12:53 AM
    Gridiron Guppies
    Dear Whining Winos,

    Even though you stole the definition of Smack Talk from good ol' Wikipedia practically word for word, I will say that what ever rock you've been living under for the past few years, please come out. Not for sure if you have heard the news lately thats been carved in stone, The Dark Ages are over and have been for a 1000 plus years. If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed you witnessed the next best thing since the invention of fire. I am very sure my mondernized versions of smack are quite effective and follow any deffinition(s) of smack you may find. I know you were looking for some cool magic crap, but I really dont want to burden you with trying to comprehend such high tech gadgetry or deciding whether or not to levy anymore fines. However, good luck with your decision. In any case, enclosed is a poll asking whether or not I should include any more of my supernatural voodooism. I am sure the results will clearly show that it's quite acceptable. I'll be seeing you on Sunday.

Oh, so the weekend came and went...and i emerged victorious in a shootout.
Guppies 165 - Winos 132.

The Guppies now stand at 2-0.

It's all about competition and bragging rights!

No comments: