Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Realization...

And then it suddenly hit me while standing at the front of the church, almost as if someone just took my legs out from underneath me. I’m getting married. I know it’s been a long while since I’ve written, but I have a very good excuse. I have been busy helping and being involved with all the fun stuff that’s involved in putting a wedding together. Yesterday evening was one of those times. My fiancé and I went through a brief run through of our wedding ceremony and boy if it hadn’t hit me yet, it just did. We go through the ceremony step by step while going through the motions of what to do, where to walk, when to sit, and what to say. Even holding the hand of my fiancé in front of the empty church while listening to instructions I couldn’t help but to think that it’s really happening. Only eight weeks left until the big day and I’m really happy and looking forward to it. It’s been a long road for me personally but it’s been a real learning experience which has really helped me become the person I am today. I really can’t thank my fiancé enough for everything she has done for me. I have really learned a lot during the past few years but one thing I do know, she’s the one that I want to be with the rest of my life. I am both so very happy and lucky to have found someone like her.

No comments: