Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Human Race...


So today is August 31st, 2008. Many of you have heard about the human race. But if you haven't I will explain. Today, Nike is making a statement like no other before. Nike is putting on the World’s Largest Running Event. The 10k event will be the ultimate runner experience. By combining our digital running world with the physical, the Nike+ Human Race is open to anyone, anywhere. Nike is hosting race events in 25 cities around the world, but by logging into nikeplus.com, every city and every road can become a race-day course. This is the first global race to reach such a large participant base and geographic scope. The goal is somewhere around 1 Million runners. It will be a running event like no other.

So you ask why are we running. The Nike+ Human Race has many charities involved. For those registered, each step that is taken today during the race will go towards a specifiy charity you have to choose from. For me, I chose Lance Armstrong's LiveStrong foundation.

I have never been one to run long distances. As a matter of fact, today was the furthest I have ever ran without stopping. Becuase I was running for a good cause I felt the need to push my body to the limit, even ifs its only helping out a little. For me, doing something good for others really makes sheds a positive light on yourself, knowing that what you have done, all the effort you had to endure, is helping contribute to others in need. If you are interested in learning more about it, visit http://www.nikeplus.com/ to find out more about the Human Race. Even though today is the last day, I am sure there will be another event coming soon, just like it. Enclosed are a couple of videos about the race day.












No comments: