Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Not So Wonderful Blockbuster

So this Tuesday began just like any other Tuesday, with the exception that I was unable to rent my normal Tuesday's movies. Thanks to Blockbuster that is. Really it all started last week when I tried to rent a movie with a returned blockbuster envelope only to find out that I had exceeded my limit of returns for that month.  Since I have been a blockbuster customer since Online Renting began, My plan has never changed. Now it has. I was getting 3 movies at a time, unlimited exchanges, and a free in store movie or game rental. All for $14.99. Not bad. Now my plan magically changed to 2 movies out at a time, 3 exchanges a month. No coupon. If I remember, when you sign up for a plan, its kind of like signing a written contract. My plan should not have changed without my consent. Instead I get to look like an idiot at the register when I am being denied the ability to rent a movie. So furious I go back to work and cancel my blockbuster subscription and hit up RedBox. A very nice little movie renting service. In any case, a week passes and I notice that Blockbuster has charged me another months fee after I cancelled. Figures! So I go to blockbuster to return my movies and get the another exchange (New Billing Cycle), I am informed that I am not allowed to rent movies as I have reached the maximum amount of movies for the month. Even though, it’s a new billing period and they charged after I already cancelled.  Now I am really mad…especially since I really was planning on watching Spider Man 3 tonight. Guess that’s not happening. So it appears that blockbuster really have been giving people the shaft and I have just become yet another victim of Blockbuster throwing away its customers. RedBox anyone?

No comments: