Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas in October

Oh the joys of the Holiday season, except when its October. I very much enjoy Christmas season, however, is it just me or is it every year businesses start putting out Christmas stuff earlier and earlier each year? I was in Home Depot around the middle of October and I remember seeing Halloween stuff. It wasn't a week later I was back in the store and there were Christmas decor everywhere. Halloween stuff could not be found anywhere and it wasn't even Halloween yet.

Today I was walking through our local Mall and I couldn't believe my ears. Christmas music. Oh and yes, they have been playing Christmas music on the radio for over 2 weeks now. Maybe I am being a stickler on this but this is a little bit overkill. For me I will have to listen to Christmas music for 2 more months and by the time Christmas is here, I will be so sick of hearing the music I will not want to enjoy it. Its hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit so far in advance of Christmas. In any case, since society thinks Christmas in October is acceptable, I will continue to have to deal with it. Hopefully I won't get burned out like always before Christmas this year, however, I really doubt it.

No comments: